With summers swiftly approaching, it’s time to dust off that grill and get it ‘summer ready.’ With the help of a grill alone, you can prepare a wide range of delicious meals while taking in the warm sunshine in your backyard. If you’ve only been preparing burgers and meats on the grill with your usual spice rub, it’s time to change things up.
Here are some unique grill recipes that taste delicious and are easy to make:
Hawaiian steak skewers
Hawaiian food celebrates fresh produce and flavors. It’s the perfect blend of sweet, sour, and spicy. These Hawaiian Steak Skewers are ideal for leftover steak pieces or for a special weekend dinner with the family. For this recipe you will need:
- 8 ounces of sirloin steak
- 8 ounces of fresh and ripe pineapple
- A red onion
- 1 red, orange, and yellow bell pepper
- 1 scallion
- Hickory smoked sea salt
- Ground cumin
- Dried chives
For the marinade:
- A quarter cup of orange juice
- A quarter cup of soy sauce
- A quarter cup of brown sugar
- 5–6 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
1. Put all the ingredients for the marinade in a pot and simmer over medium heat. Once all the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has reached a simmer, take it off the heat and allow it to cool.
2. Cut the steak, bell peppers, red onion, and pineapple into 1-inch cubes.
3. Add the marinade to the chopped veg and meat and refrigerate in an airtight container for a couple of hours.
4. After two hours prepare the skewers with a piece of pepper, onion, pineapple, and steak. Keep alternating the ingredients until the skewer is filled.
5. Place the skewers on the grill and sprinkle a pinch of cumin and hickory salt while it’s over the grill for added depth of flavor.
6. Repeat for the other side and place on a tray to be served. Sprinkle some dried chives for garnish.
Grilled lamb meatballs with salsa verde
Lamb is known for its soft texture and light flavor. This recipe uses spices that help bring out the flavor of the lamb and a refreshing sauce to go with it. For this recipe you will need:
- 3 slices of bread
- A quarter cup of milk
- An onion (small to medium)
- A free-range egg
- Freshly ground cubeb pepper berries
- Himalayan pink salt
- 1 pound of ground lamb
- Half a pound of ground pork
- Olive oil
- Granulated garlic
For the salsa verde:
- Lemon zest and juice
- Coarse gray sea salt
- Cayenne pepper
- Flat leaf parsley
- Fresh mint
- Fresh oregano
- Half a cup of extra virgin olive oil
1.Place the slices of bread in a food processor and blitz till they make a fine crumb. Place in a bowl and put a dash of milk and allow it to soak in.
2.Puree the onion and garlic, and then add the egg and seasoning. Add this mixture to the breadcrumbs and add the ground meats. Combine lightly and make sure you don’t overwork the meatballs; it could run the risk of becoming tough. Shape the meatballs however you like and refrigerate for a few hours.
3.Preheat the grill and thread the meatballs onto a skewer and liberally brush oil onto them to avoid burning. Grill on each side till the meat is completely cooked.
4.For the salsa verde, mix the lemon juice, lemon zest, coarse salt, and pepper till they are combined well. Blend together the fresh herbs and add the lemon mixture to it and the sauce is ready! Serve up the lamb meatballs with the dipping sauce and enjoy.
All the spices needed for these recipes and many more can be found on our website. We deal in premium quality spices online that are packed in resealable and recyclable packaging for the freshest flavor. We provide free shipping on every order. Contact us at (224) 706-0068 for more information.